Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This battery probably won't last me the whole trip...

Well, it's that time.  I have an hour and 15 minutes until my flight leaves from Tokyo.  Thankfully it's not delayed or anything. By some miracle, considering Chicago at this time of year.
I have my last box of MeltyKiss chocolates, my last OI~! OCHA green tea, and my last convenience store umeboshi onigiri.


It's hard to believe that this road has come to an end so quickly.  I had a great time in Tokyo, and in Nagoya before that, and I promise I'll write about all of those things soon.  Perhaps on the flight if my battery can take it.  For some reason this thing didn't charge all the way last night, and none of the outlets here seem to have the right type of outlet, even with my converter.  :/

I'm glad to be through security at least on this end and get it over with. 
I think the state of my fake nails (yes I bought some) are a good indicator of what I hate about airport security.  I've somehow lost 3/10 just going through security.  To who-knows-where.  Blah.  I always feel like they're putting me through a blender, even in Japan where the security isn't even that strict.  Like, I brought a pair of (short) scissors with my knitting and they checked them and then just said "don't take them out during the flight."  Totally honor system. 




I just hope that America is non-stressful.  I hate customs with a passion -- I never know what to declare and stuff.  And I still have like random 1,000 yen + a bunch of change in my wallet.  I changed a bunch back to dollars but I was like "What if I need something....?

I probably won't write on this much more here just because I want to conserve battery to watch movies and stuff on the 12 hour flight. 


It's just very surreal to be here right now.


Before long, I will be trading soy sauce for corn syrup, rice for side salads,  earthquakes for tornadoes, and burikko for bros. 


It's been a good trip you guys. 
お世話になりました!
色々とありがとうございました!


See you on the other side.

2 comments:

  1. "Before long, I will be trading soy sauce for corn syrup, rice for side salads, earthquakes for tornadoes, and burikko for bros. "

    That's a great line.
    I already miss you.

    ReplyDelete